About Elżbieta Osińska
Second place winner of Fine Art Fantasy category
I was born in Bydgoszcz, Poland on April 8, 1984. I am a gardener by education. I did not have the opportunity to study at an art school, so I decided to learn painting by myself, which I have been interested in since I was a child. My future is connected with art in airgraphy that I still recognize and experimenting.
1. Can you tell us a little bit about yourself, what is your background? When did you start airbrushing and what was the learning process like for you?
I am a self-taught artist, I paint from birth using various techniques such as oil, watercolor, pastels, charcoal ... I started airbrushing in 2013, inspired by the works of Dru Blair.
2. Can you tell us a bit more about your winning entry piece? How / why did you choose it? How long did it take, and what inspired you?
The work sent to the competition, one of my favorites, I painted it around 22h on paper without stencils, inspired by the photographer's photo, I decided to create my version of bees and the connection of the human body, I like the diversity in this painting and it was one of the biggest challenges in aerography!
3. What does airbrushing mean to you and what drives your passion for airbrushing and creating art? Also, how do you find the ideas for your other works?
Airography ... I think that this technique gives great opportunities to create art that no one has ever seen and I hope that I will show it one day in my art .... in the future I want to create works that will be appreciated like those created by Masters ... like Leonardo da Vinci ... Michelangelo and others ... where do I get my inspiration? ... from everywhere !!! I love nature ... people ... inspiration is all around us! ... just look around .... I arrange the rest and create a vision in my head! you can create anything in your head and put it on paper !!
"...inspiration is all around us!"
4. What are your goals / targets for airbrushing? What do you want to achieve?
My goal in airbrushing is to create a New Art that will be noticed by the best Galleries in the world ... and to appreciate the technique of airbrushing.
5. Do you specialize or prefer to work on a specific surface?
I like to create the airbrushing technique on paper and canvas! ..but recently I have been experimenting and my surface has become a sculpture that I create myself.
6. How would you describe your style(s) in airbrushing?
My style in airbrushing .... is a combination of realism with a pinch of fantasy ... a bit of a fairy tale ... and this direction will be developed in the near future.
7. Any advice to beginners looking to start airbrushing?
Take the airbrush in your hand and just start creating ... visualize ... create ... is the first step to creating a new art! ... no matter how many excitement ... it is important that you move forward ... each subsequent work brings you closer to the goal !!!
" Take the airbrush in your hand and just start creating..."