About Nisha Verma
Third place winner of Fine Art Realism category
An Airbrush Artist, use to play with colors on wall, canvas, paper, metals, wood, glass and many more type of surface. My main focus is on detailing while performing artwork. Participated in various competition and held position on the same.
From the early age my area of interest is art and did paintings and sketching. I took this as a carrier as well and completed my MFA. In 2018 i started airbrush paintings on fuel tanks, helmets, and other bike parts.
I feel overwhelmed sometimes as initially i found no one in the country encourages artwork and everybody wants an print out an cost effective mode. But i keep motivating myself and focusing on painting in order to improve my work. I am doing artwork for my satisfaction and i really don’t know whether my work is been commercialized or not.
I believe in my fate and still keep my learning mode on to achieve best of my work as “MY BEST IS YET TO COME”.
1. Can you tell us a little bit about yourself, what is your background? When did you start airbrushing and what was the learning process like for you?
I am Nisha Verma (Airbrush Artist) and I did M.F.A (Masters in Fine art). I started airbrushing in 2017 and as I am involved in painting from my childhood which gave me learning for drawing and shades. For Airbrushing initially I focused on pressure handling which is really helpful in order to create good artwork.
2. Can you tell us a bit more about your winning entry piece? How / why did you choose it? How long did it take, and what inspired you?
It took reference from International Photographer Mt. Alessandro bergamini portrait photography. This photograph depicts village culture of my country, women eyes showing her life story which attracts me to portray her on my paper.
3. What does airbrushing mean to you and what drives your passion for airbrushing and creating art? Also, how do you find the ideas for your other works?
Art is my passion, itself gives me thrill to work.
Ideas depends on the theme accordingly artwork needs to be casted.
" ...women eyes showing her life story which attracts me to portray her on my paper..."
4. What are your goals / targets for airbrushing? What do you want to achieve?
Goals is to earn my name at international level in Realistic Art world for myself and for my country.
5. Do you specialize or prefer to work on a specific surface?
Surface is not a bar for me, I can paint at any surface there is no limitations.
6. How would you describe your style(s) in airbrushing?
I can handle Fine art easily.
7. Any advice to beginners looking to start airbrushing?
For beginners I would like to advise them to focus for Airbrush pressure handling.